Jeff Bunting is the Division Director of Noise Abatement at Miami International Airport (MIA) and the Miami-Dade Aviation Department’s four General Aviation (GA) airports, responsible for addressing the aircraft noise concerns of surrounding communities, and is also responsible for the overall operations of the GA airports.
Mr. Bunting has more than 22 years of airport experience in airport operations, airport planning, aircraft noise abatement, wildlife management, zoning, environmental assessments, environmental impact statements, determination of Regional Impacts, permanent and portable noise monitoring systems, noise contour development, environmental issues, runway use plans, land use compatibility, economic development, public presentations and coordination with federal, state and local authorities.
He began his career in 1983 as a noise abatement technician at Westchester County Airport in White Plains, New York, in 1983, where he designed helicopter noise abatement procedures. Two years later, he joined Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport as an airport planner, and was promoted to Noise Compatibility Planner in 1987.
He joined the Miami-Dade Aviation Department in 1993 as Principal Planner, rising to Chief of Aircraft Noise and Environmental Planning in 1998 and then, to the position of Manager in 2003, and was named to his current position in 2007.
Mr. Bunting earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Aeronautical Management from Arizona State University in 1982. He chairs the Environmental Affairs Committee of the Florida Airport Council. He is also Commissioner of the Optimists Little League Baseball Team in South Florida.
Deputy Director / CFO
- Business Retention & Development
- Facilities Management
- Governmental Affairs
- Minority Affairs
- Public Safety and Security
- Senior Executive Assistant & Deputy Chief of Staff
- Airside Operations, Noise Abatement and Wildlife, Aviation Enforcement and General Aviation Airpors (GAA)
- Aviation Planning, Land Use and Grants
- Cash Management
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Commodities Management
- Contracts Administration
- Facilities Management and Project Administration
- Financial Planning and Performance Analysis
- Fine Arts and Cultural Affairs
- General Aviation Airports
- Human Resources
- Information Systems
- Landside Operations
- Professional Compliance
- Protocol and International Affairs
- Public & Customer Relations
- Terminal Maintenance
- Utilities Maintenance