How Sweet It Is!
, level 2 (just past security checkpoint)
Miami and Miami Beach, with the abundant sunshine, blue skies, sporting activities, the warm Atlantic Ocean, and close proximity to other playgrounds in Palm Beach, Cuba and the Bahamas, fast became the choice winter destination for the rich and famous. Starting in the late 1920s, the construction of luxury oceanfront hotels, and the glamour and ease of air travel courtesy of Pan American jets greatly increased South Florida’s allure. From the collection of The Archives and Research Center, HistoryMiami.
For more information, please contact the Division of Fine Arts and Cultural Affairs at Miami International Airport 305-876-0749.
- Art in Public Places
- Children's Connector Gallery
- Community Projects
- mia Galleries
- Recent Past Exhibitions
- Site Specific Projects
- Contact Us
- MIA's Art & Exhibitions News Clips
- Submit a Proposal
- North Terminal D - MIA Flower Fence
- North Terminal D - Andan Volando
- North Terminal D - All We Need is Love
- North Terminal D - Air Chair
- North Terminal - Meltdown
- North Terminal - Peace and Love
- Central Terminal F - Fake Holidays
- Central Terminal F - Waterspaces
- Central Terminal G - How Sweet It Is!
- Central Terminal Skywalk - Gifts from the Sea
- South Terminal H – ALL TOGETHER NOW
- South Terminal H - Carybé Murals
- South Terminal H - Imagined Landscapes
- South Terminal J - Temporary Altars
- South Terminal J 3rd Floor - Hortensia